Extension Categories Review

Patrick Cloke clokep at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:31:42 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Axel <axel.grude at googlemail.com> wrote:

>    - Chat & IM {Jabberpresence, TweeQuilla, New Account Types, Additional
>    Chat protocols}  [this is going to be more important in the future, even if
>    there are not many extensions right now] I think we should go ahead
>    and do it now, this might encourage addon developers in some form. If the
>    category is going to be empty though, it wouldn't be nice. there are a
>    few at https://addons.instantbird.org but I wouldn't bank on them
>    being ported to TB any time soon.
>

> thanks
> Axel

Any idea which ones should be ported?  If they're someone that hangs out in
#instantbird I can bug them.  The message and emoticon themes can
theoretically be ported (the backend should support them), but there's no
UI in Thunderbird to change these, I believe.

(FWIW, if we think there would be a big overlap here...I think we'd be
happy killing addons.instantbird.org, but of course we'd need to get
Instantbird listed as a separate application on addons.mozilla.org ...not
sure what logistics are involved with that.)

--Patrick