Changing the time/frequency of the Status Meeting

Ludovic Hirlimann ludovic at mozilla.com
Thu Nov 29 12:00:06 UTC 2012

On 11/29/12 11:36 AM, Mark Banner wrote:
> As mentioned, we're suggesting that we change the time and frequency
> of the status meeting.
>
> First of all, the time of the meeting.
>
> If you would come regularly to a status meeting, we'd like to know
> when it is reasonable for you to be there. I've set up a doodle
> (warning its big!) with some options for times.
>
> There's three categories of availability: Yes I can, No I can't and a
> Yes but not preferred.
>
> *Ignore the dates* on the doodle, the important parts are the *day*
> and *times*. The doodle is here: http://www.doodle.com/b2mfrnmu9iwv6gzm

So just to make sure I got that right, the times are GMT.

> Secondly, the frequency of the meeting.
>
> I think there's a few options here.
>
>   * Keep it weekly
>   * Fortnightly
>   * Every Three weeks
>
> If we went with the last option, I'd propose that we did something
> like a meeting the week after the merge weeks, and then one 3 weeks
> later, i.e. before 2 weeks before the next merge weeks. This would
> give us some opportunities to sum up from the previous merges/point
> releases and then prepare for the next merges/point releases.
>
> What does everyone think? (use this thread for this bit of the
> discussion!)

I'd like Every three weeks. We could always schedule more if the need
would arise. What would make this work would be to have a public
calendar that people could subscribe to. Without a calendar and probably
a reminder a day before , attendance would be low (and new contributors
wouldn't find the meeting).

Ludo

--
@lhirlimann on twitter