Adding Exchange ActiveSync configs to the Mozilla ISP DB?

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:41:52 UTC 2012

On 11/28/2012 01:37 AM, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
>> Unfortunately for us, many servers (even Microsoft-hosted ones) don't
>> support Autodiscovery. In fact, it seems that every Hotmail domain
>> other than hotmail.com doesn't support Autodiscovery. Thus, we need to
>> have our own autoconfig files.
> How does mail.app does it then , they where able to guess my wife's
> school details that are hotmail hosted, while Thunderbird couldn't ..

Since I don't have an account there, I couldn't say for sure, but people
can point custom domains to Hotmail installations via a DNS MX entry.
Thunderbird should support this, but maybe there's an edge case we're
missing, or maybe the custom domain supports its own Autodiscovery
service. Unfortunately, there are too many variables to give a clear
answer unless I had access to logfiles or a test account.

- Jim