Adding Exchange ActiveSync configs to the Mozilla ISP DB?

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:32:39 UTC 2012

I mentioned a while back that the Gaia email app is using the Mozilla
ISP DB to help configure users' email accounts. One important difference
between Thunderbird and the Gaia app is that the latter supports
Exchange ActiveSync (notably used by Hotmail).

Obviously, the autoconfig files in the ISP DB don't list ActiveSync
config info. Does anyone foresee a problem with adding ActiveSync
configs to these files where appropriate?

This isn't something I plan on doing right now, but it's a possibility,
and I want to make sure there wouldn't be any problems with this idea.

Thoughts?

- Jim