Fwd: New reply: A: Disable QuickText addon Upgrade to ver17 crashes on compo...

Vincent el.cameleon.1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 10:43:04 UTC 2012

Thanks for the answer Mark,

I have updated https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/ask and hope
it will prevent some users to complain on GSFN for this known issue.

We certainly need to be more proactive in the future, in order to block
incompatible extensions before that Thunderbird go to the release channel.
Or maybe with the new development cycle we could set the add-on
incompatible by default again?

2012/11/22 Mark Banner <mbanner at mozilla.com>

> On 21/11/2012 08:52, Vincent wrote:
>
>> I think that this GSFN user got an excellent question:
>> - We know that QuickText caused Thunderbird 17 to crash since one month
>> - We have a routine which check add-on compatibility after a Thunderbird
>> update
>> - but we don't change QuickText compatibility in order to indicate that
>> it is not compatible with TB17!!!
>>
>> Any good reason for that?
>>
> I'm sorry, we missed resolving the issue here.
>
> The add-on compatibility now has been changed to compatible-by-default (as
> of quite a few versions ago), though there is a way that we can mark
> specific add-ons as incompatible - I'm asking the question for the process
> by which we can make that happen in future if we need to.
>
> The QuickText add-on has been marked as incompatible with TB 17 - for at
> least all the versions on AMO (I'm not sure if it covers the .3 available
> from the author's site or not).
>
> The author also has a beta version out which appears to resolve the issue,
> so hopefully we'll get a fix within a day.
>
> Mark.

Vincent (caméléon)