[off topic] SwanFox

pascal chevrel pascal.chevrel at free.fr
Thu Nov 15 12:01:46 UTC 2012

Le 14/11/2012 21:38, Eric Moore a écrit :
> Nobody seemed to want to talk about whether anybody who would continue
> to contribute a significant amount of time providing free support or bug
> fixes for Thunderbird would feel like they're a sucker. It would also
> seem to marginalize user communities such as GeckoZone and MozillaZine.

A slightly off topic message since you mentionned Geckozone, sorry :)

Geckozone is in the process of merging its activities with the MozFR
community which already covers most of Mozilla activities in French
(among which the localization of Thunderbird). The reasons being that
the sponsor for their server is shutting down the server by the end of
the year and that the non-profit organization Geckozone is no longer
actively maintained.

This has been a long and complex process but the support forums have
just been migrated (2 days ago) to mozfr.org server here:

http://forums.mozfr.org/

There is still a lot of work to do but I think that it is a good thing
for Thunderbird since it will allow direct collaboration between the
people in the French community that translate and beta test Thunderbird
with the people that provide support in forums. This may also give a
better visibility for Thunderbird in events that Mozfr organizes or
participate in.

If you are a French speaker (and I know that there are on this list, for
example people from Linagora), you are highly welcome to get involved in
MozFR activities to propose activities around Thunderbird and messaging
in general, the first good step being to contact us on IRC (#mozfr
channel) and to subscribe to the community mailing list
(http://mozfr.org/mailman/listinfo/moz-fr)!

Cheers

Pascal