Governance and Release Model updates

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Tue Nov 13 19:05:24 UTC 2012

On 11/13/2012 7:13 AM, Jb Piacentino wrote:
> I think we need to show there is enough innovation to justify such a
> structure.
Are you saying we need to show that there is a need for innovation, or
that we need to show that people will actually come forward and do
innovation.

re the need, I see huge holes in enterprise support, mobile support, and
many other areas. I myself have been trying to develop a compatible
setup where I can read and process emails under both Thunderbird and
Android, and frankly so far it has not been going well. If even I cannot
come up with a workable scheme of using Thunderbird and Android
together, then what hope does the average user?

re the people, discussions of monetization is IMHO absolutely critical
to getting and keeping experienced people involved in the project.

So I don't know what it is that you are looking for. I *think* what this
"enough innovation" discussion has been about in the past has concerned
whether volunteers will step forward. Very little of what I have
discussed has promoted that as the answer.

:rkent