Governance and Release Model updates

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 17:38:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Kent James <kent at caspia.com> wrote:
>> 3) Mobile: If Swanfox wanted to develop a mobile app that was designed to
>> work seamlessly with Thunderbird, then Mozilla could license the trademark
>> to Swanfox.
>
> I love the idea of Thunderbird for Android :)

I'd argue that it would make a whole lot more sense to port the
Firefox OS email app to other platforms than to try to port
Thunderbird. Most of the stuff you could reuse from Thunderbird is
backend code, and do we really want to write a new app that uses
libmime? (No.) The Firefox OS email app already reuses some
Thunderbird features, most notably the autoconfiguration database. As
time progresses, we'll incorporate more Thunderbird features;
reply-to-list is something in particular we really want to do.

- Jim