Governance and Release Model updates

Vincent el.cameleon.1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 22:01:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

About monetization, just wanted to highlight the fact that, in my opinion,
there is still a lot to do.

The NextSend <https://www.nextsend.com> case is a good example : we have a
French hosting service provider which claim that he would like to do a
partnership in order to be integrated in Thunderbird. The only answer that
is given to him his: first do an add-on, and then we may consider to do
something... In my opinion, Mozilla should have taken more attention to
this demand,try to contact him directly by phone or something like this.
Maybe it is not possible with the current organization, but it is a pity
because some commercials opportunity may be lost (although it  is not too
late for NextSend, it seems to me that a lot of time has been waste).

Developing local partnership with hosting services dedicated to enterprise
is in my opinion something good for Thunderbird's future (which could be
more famous in the enterprise market) and users (which like to use localize
services in Thunderbird, and not only US hosting services).

However, I must admit that I have no idea of the amounts of these
partnerships, maybe it is very little and shouldn't worth discussing it?

Kindest regards,