Extensions with distribution under OSX

Nomis101 Nomis101 at web.de
Mon May 14 22:17:59 UTC 2012

Am 14.05.12 22:44, schrieb Kent James:
> I'm trying to figure out what it takes to get an extension that is
> part of a TB build to appear in the addons list under OSX. My current
> test is using current aurora (TB 14) with a debug build if that matters.
>
> Under Windows, if a directory is created under
> (obj_dir)/mozilla/dist/extensions then that extension shows up in the
> list of extensions when TB is run.
>
> Under OSX, I created the extension under that same location, as well
> as under
> (obj_dir)/mozilla/dist/EarlybirdDebug.app/Content/MacOS/extensions as
> these are the locations that the extensions that are appearing,  such
> as lightning in my build, seem to exist. But that is not making my
> extension appear.
>
> Does anyone know what I am missing? I suppose I can do a workaround to
> create the extension on the profile instead and point that to the
> correct directory, but that is a bit more work.
>
> rkent

Hi kent,

does it work for you if you do the same with your extension as it is
done for the testpilot extension in Thunderbird?
Put it into /mail/app/profile/extensions (don't forget the makefile)
http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/file/e6c1bac57163/mail/app/profile/extensions
http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/mail/app/profile/extensions/Makefile.in#52
and add it to package-manifest.in (for making a package)
http://mxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/mail/installer/package-manifest.in#206
Maybe this works...