Extensions with distribution under OSX

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Mon May 14 20:44:51 UTC 2012

I'm trying to figure out what it takes to get an extension that is part
of a TB build to appear in the addons list under OSX. My current test is
using current aurora (TB 14) with a debug build if that matters.

Under Windows, if a directory is created under
(obj_dir)/mozilla/dist/extensions then that extension shows up in the
list of extensions when TB is run.

Under OSX, I created the extension under that same location, as well as
under (obj_dir)/mozilla/dist/EarlybirdDebug.app/Content/MacOS/extensions
as these are the locations that the extensions that are appearing,  such
as lightning in my build, seem to exist. But that is not making my
extension appear.

Does anyone know what I am missing? I suppose I can do a workaround to
create the extension on the profile instead and point that to the
correct directory, but that is a bit more work.

rkent