Up for Grabs Projects

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Thu May 10 17:03:18 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I just wanted to highlight the recent introduction of the Up for Grabs
projects for Thunderbird.

http://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/2012/05/07/up-for-grabs/
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/UpForGrabs

This is a new initiative we're trying where we are extending the
opportunities to community members to contribute new features. These are
features that we highly desire in Thunderbird but do not have time to
work on ourselves. In addition, these features have the support of
members of the Thunderbird community that are prepared to advise and
mentor and help them through to completion and incorporation into the
final product.

Whilst for a while we've had the helpwanted and good first bug
notations, we'd like to increase the visibility of the possibility of
working on larger projects for development of Thunderbird and this is
one way we're doing that.

If you're interested in a project, please do contact the feature manager
or the person listed in the status note, and they will be happy to talk
to you more.

Please let other folks who may be interested in working on up for grabs
projects know (e.g. twitter or other methods of communication), and
together we can help Thunderbird develop.

Mark.