UX Priorities.

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Thu Mar 29 19:39:16 UTC 2012

Andrew Sutherland schrieb:
> 2) Leverage the tab implementation

I think we should get to a point where all tabs are "content tabs" in
the sense that they are (almost) just like browser tabs
implementation-wise, just that those with a 3-pane or message window or
such have a chrome:// URL and therefore chrome privs and probably XUL
laoded inside. That would give the possibility to leverage a lot of
Firefox <tabbrowser> code and to have the tab contents cleanly separated.
The UI tabs with chrome privs should have some way to access stuff in
the main/parent window in some way though for some global objects and
similar things, but where we can easily separate and not degrade
performance or memory use, we should do it.

(And if you see some hidden agenda behind this to make Thunderbird and
Firefox more similar in some ways, you might not be wrong about it *g*)

Robert Kaiser