UX Priorities.

JoeS joesab2005 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 20:54:16 UTC 2012

On 3/26/2012 8:34 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:
> For clarification, are you guys saying that compose in tab should not be
> implemented, unless bug 250539 is fixed?

Makes no difference for usability issues IMO
Matter of fact, what _are_ the advantages/gains in having compose in a
tab ? Or Tabs vs. Standalone windows for that matter.
Maybe a more modern look, but that's not much in the way of "bang for
the buck".

What about adapting some of the Firefox Web developer tools to run in a
compose window. The "style Editor" looks interesting as as replacement
for the "advanced editor" :) which nicely rejects bad syntax for inline
styles, but doesn't give you a clue where you went wrong.

I understand there may still be interoperability with some recipient.
It's just a matter of knowing there prefs and capabilities and
respecting them.

--
JoeS