UX Priorities.

Mike Conley mconley at mozilla.com
Mon Mar 26 16:25:02 UTC 2012

Hey all,

1.  I would love, *love* to do a papercuts release.

>>   * Address Book.
>>       o re-design as a web-app, possibly targeting Mobile first…
>>       o This seems important and useful, but it's also a very large
>>         task, and I think I'ld like the front-end team to work on some
>>         smaller stuff for a little while.

I really want to get into this, but yeah, maybe our time would best be
spent fixing and polishing for a little while before diving into another
massive feature...

>>   * Thunderbird Button.
>>       o I think that we might want to skip a UI-refresh and go straight
>>         to the Australis Menu Button instead, but there's still work to
>>         be done here figuring out what functions to make available on
>>         the toolbar, and on this button.

+1.  Are we any closer to a TestPilot study for menuitem usage?  Is that
still something we want to do?

>>   * Compose in a tab.

Since it was before my time, I'm curious to know what happened to the
previous attempt at this...what went wrong?

Anyhow, it's an exciting list.  Thumbs up, and I can't wait to dive into it.

-Mike