UX Priorities.

Unicorn.Consulting unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:10:14 UTC 2012

On 27/03/2012 12:03 AM, Mike Conley wrote:
> Ludo:
>
> There are also some mock-ups for Australis for Thunderbird at
> http://breakingtheegg.tumblr.com/.
(The menu button is the three lines to the right of the toolbar…)
And another new button that is so intuitive that it needs text to
describe which it is on the mockup. This is shades of the "wheel thingy"
in the add-on manager. No one can find it, what makes you think this
will be any better?

Talk about feature discover-ability, it will be an effort for some to
even find the menu. The real users that appear in the support forums are
still having difficulty with Tabs and the need to close them. They talk
of the home page and their inability to login. With a move to a Glyph
only UI starting point and 4 or 5 different Themes as default. Each with
it's own version of the Glyph. This will make supporting these users
very difficult indeed.

Matt