[thunderbird-testers] Two big huge features have landed and we need your feedback and your testing time.

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Fri Mar 16 13:54:10 UTC 2012

On 15-03-12 23:07 , Jim wrote:
> On 03/14/2012 08:17 AM, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
>> On 3/14/12 12:47 PM, Onno Ekker wrote:
>>> Will the treshold be configurable in the GUI too? I think most ISP's
>>> have a 10Mb limit at least, so a default treshold of 1Mb might be too
>>> low... Do you get to choose between sending as attachment or using
>>> FileLink when the filesize exceeds the treshold?
>> You don't AFAIK. And it's accessible in the GUI.
> You're always prompted to convert the attachment to a filelink.
> Thunderbird will never automatically upload your attachment anywhere
> without you explicitly allowing it (or at least, it *should* never do
> that).
In this release.

Popping up a notification for every large attachment seems like a bit of
a UI fail to me, and so I'm hoping that we'll add a "Yeah, yeah, just do
it and stop bothering me" button in a future release.
>> We also plan to have hook for you to use internal servers. As for
>> encryption I don't know from the top of my head.
> As Ludo implies, we should be adding other provider types in the
> future (e.g. SFTP), which may resolve the issue for enterprise. It
> should also be possible for extension authors to add their own
> provider types, and do anything they want with them (e.g. providing
> encryption).
I wonder if it would be a reasonable thing to allow enterprises to
lock-down the list of provider types to, say, WebDAV and SFTP.

Later,
Blake.

--
Blake Winton   Thunderbird User Experience Lead
bwinton at mozilla.com