[thunderbird-testers] Two big huge features have landed and we need your feedback and your testing time.

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 03:00:29 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 12:23 PM, Michael Baffoni wrote:
> I have similar concerns to Onno.  We handle sensitive information (as in
> "improper handling can put us in jail"), and we would need to ensure
> that this feature is not enabled by default.  We cannot have any
> confidence issues that potentially sensitive data is stored outside of
> our mail systems and those of our intended recipients (which may be
> inside our company as well with different domains, but would need to
> handle accounts outside of our networks too).

Thunderbird will *never* automatically upload a file to cloud storage.
It will ask you if you want to do so for attachments > 1 MB, but even
then, you need to set up an account, so it's hard to do it accidentally.
If you're a business that wants to prevent any of your employees from
using this feature, you can disable it entirely by toggling a pref.

- Jim