Can you help Account Provisionner

Justin Wood (Callek) callek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 08:53:14 UTC 2012

Jb Piacentino wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> We published this blog post on Mozilla Thunderbird blog a few hours ago
> :
> http://blog.mozilla.com/thunderbird/2012/02/28/how-about-a-new-email-address/.
>
> We need to offer as many email providers as possible. If you have
> contacts (or are working) at an email provider you would like to
> recommend, please point us to the right people so we can get them
> listed. You can direct your contact information to thunderbird at mozilla.com.
>
> You _can_ help Thunderbird users ! Don't be shy ;-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jb

Not certain if SeaMonkey team even wants this, or how hard it would be
to hook up in SeaMonkey. But one thing I ask is that any contacts that
require specific *product* requirements as to whom can use a provider,
or some related code can either be negotiated as "anyone", "any Mozilla
Based Product", "SeaMonkey and Thunderbird" or at _least_ explicitly
outlined which ones are proprietary only.

This "others cant legally use" issue has come up for SeaMonkey in the
past, with regards to Firefox features that have gotten moved to Toolkit
proper.

And IFF there is a product restriction, I also ask that we allow the use
of the service/feature across applications while allowing provider info
be app specific (or at least shared, but only UTILIZED based on app
specific config/prefs).

Feel free to contact me (or seamonkey-council) directly if you need
clarification on my concerns/comments here. I just mostly wanted to get
out ahead of this potential issue.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)