Module Updates for Thunderbird and Mailnews Core

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Tue Jul 31 11:49:00 UTC 2012

A few weeks ago, David Bienvenu and I (as Module owners) along with
Blake, undertook a review of the current MailNews Core
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/MailNews_Core> and Thunderbird
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Thunderbird> code modules to bring
them up to date.

I've just finished updating the wiki pages, so I'm very pleased to announce:

  * Mike Conley has agreed to take ownership of the Address Book
    sub-module from myself (for both Mailnews Core and Thunderbird).
    Mike has done some good work in that area and is more up to date on
    it than I am. I will still remain as a peer.
  * Mike has also agreed to head up a new 3-pane and standalone message
    views sub-module, which is a combination of about 5 sub-modules that
    we previously had that didn't make much sense to be separate. sid0,
    bienvenu, asuth and squib are peers of this sub-module.
  * Florian Quèze is heading up a new Instant Messaging sub-module, with
    Patrick Cloke as peer. This is alongside the main Chat module
    <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Chat>.
  * Andreas Nilsson and Richard Marti have taken over ownership of the
    Theme sub-module from Blake Winton. Blake remains as peer and is
    joined by Mike there.
  * Joshua Cranmer and Jim Porter are now peers of the MIME Parser
    sub-module.

I'd also like to say a big thank you to Phil Ringnalda who has been a
peer of the Thunderbird module from at least somewhere around the
Thunderbird 3 time if not before, but has decided to step down as he
hasn't been active for a while.

The module owner and peer roles are defined in the ownership document
<http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/module-ownership.html> where you can
find out more about the roles and duties.

If you want to look at the full set of changes we've made, you can find
the history here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php?title=Modules%2FMailNews_Core&action=historysubmit&diff=456096&oldid=362257
https://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php?title=Modules%2FThunderbird&action=historysubmit&diff=455939&oldid=418311

Mark.