TB End Users survey - do not distribute

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Mon Jul 23 18:43:14 UTC 2012

* Chris Ilias <tb-planning at ilias.ca>:
> >It seems to me that the evidence is that IM/social integration is not a
> >heavily-desired feature, and people have trouble understanding what that
> >might even mean. Is that a fair conclusion from the data?
> >
> >That doesn't mean people shouldn't do it, necessarily, but it does mean
> >that it would need careful defining of use cases and explanation of
> >benefits.
>
> The popularity of Lightning seems to indicate to me that a lot of
> people are using Thunderbird not as a messaging client, but a
> personal information manager.

That's our experience too. We've deployed Thunderbird at various German
organizsations and all of them were interested into Thunderbird because it
gets close to Outlook PIM.

p at rick

--
state of mind ()

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666