TB End Users survey - do not distribute

Chris Ilias tb-planning at ilias.ca
Mon Jul 23 02:01:55 UTC 2012

On 12-07-20 5:46 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 2012-07-20 3:21 AM, Nomis101 <Nomis101 at web.de> wrote:
>> there are more linux users than Mac users. I didn't know that mac users
>> of TB are such a minority (maybe they most use Apple Mail). So it seems
>> we need to get more attractive to Mac users.
>
> Don't you think it makes more sense to try to cater to your *largest*
> user base rather than the *smallest*?

* I don't think addressing a need to be more attractive to mac users is
the equivalent of "catering to". TB is available on three platforms, and
should be good quality on all platforms. How many TB users there are in
each market should certainly play a factor in prioritizing issues, but
that doesn't mean %100 of the work should be done on market #1.

* Obviously you're judging market size by how many TB users there are in
that market. I think we should be looking at how many users in general
there are in each market.

* I think the answer to your question really is: it depends on why they
are the smallest.