TB End Users survey - do not distribute

Vincent el.cameleon.1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 06:51:33 UTC 2012

Interesting study... Quite frightening for Thunderbird's future to see how
old is our user-base...

It makes me think that if we need to do some other study like this, we now
have *Test Pilot* installed on Thunderbird. However, it seems that we still
haven't use it yet. My question is : will the community be able to run any
study without the help of Mozilla? If the answer is "probably no", then
will Mozilla accept to run 1 or 2 study a year (or more) for the community,
which should previously define the content of these studies?

2012/7/20 Anne-Marie Bourcier <abourcier at mozilla.com>

>  Hello
>
> I realize that "confidential" is a little bit "strong" to say the least
> here, my mistake. Can I just ask you not to re-interpret the number and
> findings as if you extract them from their context, data won't mean much.
> Agan, I thought it might help community to know better about users.
> Again, I'll be pleased to answer questions,
>
> AM
>

> On 19/07/2012 16:44, Andrew Sutherland wrote:
>
> On 07/19/2012 04:33 PM, Anne-Marie Bourcier wrote:
>
> End of last year, we conducted an end-users survey on our installed base.
> We are pleased to share the complete results with you today. *Please
> treat this information as confidential within the TB-planning group.*
>

> I'm not sure how to interpret 'confidential' in the context of a public
> mailing list with no requirements on reading the contents of the mailing
> list.  (The mailing list is moderated for write-purposes, however:
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/tb-planning)
>
> Should this be considered a non-binding request to not create sensational
> blog posts?
>
> Andrew

> --
> Anne Marie Bourcier