Papercuts discussion - Composer related enhancements

Philipp Kewisch mozilla at kewis.ch
Wed Jul 18 18:37:32 UTC 2012

On Jul 17, 2012, at 21:06, JoeS <joesab2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/17/2012 7:22 AM, Axel Grude wrote:
>> Following up: What's the status of papercuts?
>>

>> Since replacing the complete composer is probably to big a task for the scope of papercuts I would like to discuss a number of enhancements to enhance the current (html) composer functionality:
>>
>> Color Selection
>>
>> Bug 453853 - Unable to set hex value for background color in the color picker
>>
>> I would like to rename this to (upgrade color picker to allow         more color selections). Unfortunately I do not have Thunderbird bugzilla admin rights, and maybe there is another bug on this elsewhere [I searched for Tb/Compose + {color picker} and for Tb/Compose + {colors} ]?
>>
>> A quick way would probably be if we could include rainbowpicker into the core code (obviously after asking its author)?
>>
> Well, you can edit the hex after you pick a basic color, but a better direct selection would be nice.
Is it really needed to select an exact hex color in an email? How many times do you need to do that? I think it would be sufficient to pick a more eye-friendly pallette. I have a core bug open to allow specifying a pallette via attribute and some code in WiP. Maybe I'm missing something here though.

Philipp