Proposal to make gloda fulltext tokenizer treat '_' as punctuation without schema bump

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Jul 17 10:23:03 UTC 2012

On 17/07/12 01:27, Andrew Sutherland wrote:
> I don't like bumping the gloda schema rev because it has the very bad UX
> of "I upgraded Thunderbird and now Thunderbird is using a lot of my CPU
> and if I do gloda searches right now, they might not find anything".
> The argument for making the fix and not bumping the schema is that
> treating underscores as part of the word is arguably messed up right now.

Are there any other schema-breaking changes on the horizon which you
could roll in to the same update? I'd say this one is worth waiting up
to 6 months for if we can eliminate a second change later.

Can we make the user more informed about what's happening - e.g. a
"Database reindexing (X% complete)" status bar message?

Gerv