Papercuts remixed - the bug list

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Fri Jul 13 17:04:17 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-13 12:34 PM, Kent James <kent at caspia.com> wrote:
> On 7/13/2012 8:04 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> I agree, and would add that Mozilla really, really should make a very
>> public and very prominent (on their website) follow-up announcement,
>> explaining what happened, how it happened, and explaining in a very
>> public way that Thunderbird is *not* being declare dead, etc - that
>> would go a long way to repairing the damage that was done....

> There were followup posts from Ludo, MConley, and an interview with JB.

*Where*? That is my point. Currently it is *impossible* to just go to
Mozillas website and find out *anything* about this situation. That is,
in my opinion, something easily remedied, and something that Mozilla
*should* remedy, asap.

> Unfortunately clarifications are not effective news, so get missed.
> Mozilla has made their statement, now the community needs to come forward.

I disagree - my point is that there is nothing on mozilla.com or
mozilla.org about this... *anywhere* to be found.

When someone reads a blurb somewhere about 'Mozilla' killing 'Mozilla
Thunderbird', where do you think they might go for an *authoritative*
view of what is really going on? Maybe... mozilla.com (or .org)?