Papercuts remixed (was Re: What's the status of papercuts?)

Axel axel.grude at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 13 16:45:51 UTC 2012

> On 12/07/2012 18:07, BAUVENS Laurent wrote:
>> AFAIK, in term of number of users, Thunderbird has about 20 million users and some
>> Mozilla sources say only 7 or 8 millions are individual users. So I guess the 12
>> other millions represent the professional users.
> Possibly professional, but not necessarily. There's some factoring that gets applied
> to the metrics, I don't know what the exact details are, but I know that some people
> we don't see so much (e.g. not everyone logs on every day), and some people choose
> not to do the update checks (or redirect to their own update system).
If it is anything to go by, my main extension's Daily user base drops by around 60%
(from 25,000 to 15,000) every weekend, which (assuming figures are correct) to me
definitely suggests a large corporate / professional user base. Usually minor (4%)
growth between Sat and Sun, so I guess these are home users who don't waste their
rSaturday with Emails.