Papercuts remixed - the bug list

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Fri Jul 13 15:20:36 UTC 2012

Hi Jonathan,

People like you will be extremely valuable if Thunderbird is to survive
this event with any sense of dignity and respect, and I for one welcome
your willingness to help out.

I think the best thing we (as a community) can do, after reading Jb's
and other comments, is take a few breaths, and focus more on preparing a
framework for moving forward, rather than just diving in before making
sure the pool is filled with water.

Organizing bugs (via the papercuts wiki page) is a good start, creating
master bugs of what would be large undertakings (like the Composer
rewrite, which maybe you could take on), and breaking it down into sub
bugs to make it easier to manage and for others to help out with, etc

As for some kind of payment/bounty system - heck, Mozilla Addons now has
a way for devs to be paid, why not simply let developers register, then
when a bug is fixed and accepted into the core code, their contribution
is added to a 'Developers' page (each registered dev would have one,
just like Addon devs have theirs), with a 'Payment' button that points
to their preferred payment gateway/method (paypal or whatever)...

Incidentally - I've never tried out your Compose extension, but will be
doing so today... thanks!!

On 2012-07-13 10:38 AM, Jonathan Protzenko