Papercuts remixed (was Re: What's the status of papercuts?)

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Fri Jul 13 15:48:48 UTC 2012

On 12/07/2012 18:07, BAUVENS Laurent wrote:
> AFAIK, in term of number of users, Thunderbird has about 20 million
> users and some Mozilla sources say only 7 or 8 millions are individual
> users. So I guess the 12 other millions represent the professional users.
Possibly professional, but not necessarily. There's some factoring that
gets applied to the metrics, I don't know what the exact details are,
but I know that some people we don't see so much (e.g. not everyone logs
on every day), and some people choose not to do the update checks (or
redirect to their own update system).

Mark