Papercuts remixed - the bug list

Michel RENON michel.renon at free.fr
Fri Jul 13 13:28:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

First of all, I would like to say Thank you to all of you who are
commited to Thunderbird.
I use it daily and I would like to help you as much as possible.

Le 12/07/12 23:22, Joshua Cranmer a écrit :
> [...]
> I've made <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Papercuts> to keep track
> of this initiative. Please nominate and vote for your most annoying
> papercuts! If you have any questions about the process, or you would
> like to volunteer to commit to fixing papercuts as well, please email me
> or ping me on IRC (:jcranmer).

I started to enter some papercuts in the wiki ("nominated by michelr").

And if you need other ideas, you can take a look at the exceptional
message :
https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/tb-planning/2012-March/001583.html
It describes very clearly all most annoying problems in thunderbird !
No whizzbang features, only bugs and problems waiting to be solved !

Another point :
It would be extremly usefull to continue the fabulous "Compose"
extension [1], started by Jonathan Protzenko :
- il provides a standard address view (3 standards fields "to", "Cc", "Bcc")
- it provides a correct behaviour when you search an address (from one
of the 3 fields) :
     - first elements starts with the text
     - others elements contains the text
     - in each line, the text is bold
- and as a bonus, the html editor is an uptodate one

I didn't add this point in the papercuts because it's an enhancement,
but it'd solve so many problems.

I currently develop with python, and I start to learn javascript.
So in the next months, i may be able to help debug thunderbird, but only
in the javascript parts.

Thanks,
Michel

[1]