Papercuts remixed - the bug list

Joshua Cranmer Pidgeot18 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 12 21:22:57 UTC 2012

On 7/12/2012 11:17 AM, Kent James wrote:
> It's quite encouraging that in a little over one day, we've picked up
> 6 developers who have been willing to commit to fixing at least 5
> papercut bugs in the next year. So far I have:
>
> Kent James
> Mike Conley
> Blake Winton
> Axel
> Aceman
> Magnus Melin
>
> In addition we've had a number of additional offers of help. Thanks to
> all! I'd like to blog about this in the next few days, including
> mentioning the names, as I think it is important that the Thunderbird
> project demonstrate some viable community-led action soon to counter
> the "Thunderbird is dead" press of last weekend. I would also
> encourage anyone who is not on this list already to count themselves
> in so that we can have the strongest public presence possible.
>
> So I think we can now agree that this is a serious effort, and it is
> time to start targeting bugs that we'd like to look at. The first step
> is just for people to use whatever method they want to nominate bugs
> for consideration. "Nominate" is just getting them on the table, you
> are not necessarily voting for a bug by nominating it.
>
> Is a wiki page a good way to go about this?

I've made <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Papercuts> to keep track
of this initiative. Please nominate and vote for your most annoying
papercuts! If you have any questions about the process, or you would
like to volunteer to commit to fixing papercuts as well, please email me
or ping me on IRC (:jcranmer).