Change of release and governance model for Thunderbird

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Thu Jul 12 15:16:18 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-12 10:29 AM, Kent James <kent at caspia.com> wrote:
> The backend work for this (to add a hidden preference to always open the
> calendar in a tab) is trivial, this could also be done fairly trivially
> in an extension.

Presumably, you meant '... to always open the calendar in a new
*standalone* window...', as it always opens in a new tab now... ;)

> The front end part, as always, would be controversial. You simply can't
> clutter up the interface with lots of options that reflect every
> imaginable way of doing something. I've never know how to resolve that
> issue - and it is not easy to get a ruling on issues like that short of
> doing the bug, and asking for a review.

This I know and totally understand...

I'd be fine with a hidden preference, but personally I think it should
be in the GUI, as there are a lot of people (that I know personally) who
dislike tabs in Thunderbird (love them in Firefox, but not Thunderbird)...