Change of release and governance model for Thunderbird

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Thu Jul 12 14:29:41 UTC 2012

The backend work for this (to add a hidden preference to always open the
calendar in a tab) is trivial, this could also be done fairly trivially
in an extension.

The front end part, as always, would be controversial. You simply can't
clutter up the interface with lots of options that reflect every
imaginable way of doing something. I've never know how to resolve that
issue - and it is not easy to get a ruling on issues like that short of
doing the bug, and asking for a review.

rkent