Change of release and governance model for Thunderbird

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Wed Jul 11 10:03:30 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-10 4:53 PM, Kent James <kent at caspia.com> wrote:
> On 7/10/2012 1:50 PM, Ben Bucksch wrote:
>> This is why a desktop email client is critically important.
> And why those of us who believe this need to work with each other, and
> cooperatively with Mozilla, to keep Thunderbird alive and viable.
>
> So what can we do to gel a viable community around Thunderbird?

I know this has been talked about before, but maybe one thing would be
to create some kind of bug bounty system. As was noted in the prior
discussion, there are existing systems out there that could be used, so
this wouldn't have to be a massive project in and of itself. This would
provide a potentially real monetary incentive that may attract some
talented coders that otherwise may not have given Thunderbird a second look.