Papercuts remixed (was Re: What's the status of papercuts?)

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Wed Jul 11 12:14:03 UTC 2012

On 7/11/2012 2:09 AM, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
> I' think we'd be able to get a lot of interest if we did that. Now
> let's be practical, how do we cherry pick these 100 bugs , based on
> age, votes , area of the code ?
I was proposing that the list be selected primarily based on a current
nomination (ie vote, or voucher) by people currently active on
tb-planning, with some light vetting by the benevolent dictator. So if
20 people participated, and each was allowed to pick 20 bugs, then there
would be 400 vouchers, and perhaps 50 bugs with three or more votes.

You are free to use your own criteria to select your bugs, that is based
on bugzilla analysis, personal annoyance, grand strategy, whatever.

The benevolent dictator is necessary because there might be some rework
bugs that need to be on the list, and there might be some popular bugs
that require too much rework to be practical.

rkent