Regarding your plans to reduce efforts for Thunderbird

Ehsan Akhgari ehsan.akhgari at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 05:10:00 UTC 2012

On 12-07-10 3:35 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 2012-07-10 2:40 PM, Axel <axel.grude at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> For instance, we still need somebody who would like to take over the
>> composer piece, that's in need of new leadership, badly.
>
> Isn't there someone that has been working on some of the editor bugs
> recently, and seemed to be doing a good job (Aryeh Gregor?)? Have they
> been approached?

Most of the code behind the composer component is actually inside the
core Gecko code which ships in both Thunderbird and Firefox.  I'm the
person responsible for that core component, and Aryeh and a bunch of
other people have been doing some great work there recently.  Rest
assured that improvements to the core code behind composer will continue
in the future!  :-)

Cheers,
Ehsan