Change of release and governance model for Thunderbird

Axel axel.grude at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 11 00:34:00 UTC 2012

I think one thing we should do is reach out to the moz.dev.ext and other Add-On
writers outlets to try and get them involved. I'd say there is a considerable amount
of untapped know how out there, so maybe the module ownership could be structured a
little more and some teams could be formed?

For an outsider it is sometimes hard to determine who works on what, and it might help
if there was some feature/module-centric (team)focus... what do you think?

I think
   https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Thunderbird

is a really good starting, and I would like to see more names and more modules here -
I would like to get involved in the Filter Piece :) . Also for those of us who cannot
spare daily IRC time, it would be cool if weekly (or fortnightly) timeslots for module
discussions could be organized. One could then put out calls to the community for
participation if we need more manpower.

If we had small teams of people who could cluster around certain areas of expertise
and we had some known leaders for these who can make the final decisions or are the
go-to guys for asking before somebody attempts to patch something it also might make
work more efficient. (this might already be organized this way, I do not know the
process well enough at the moment, but some transparency would sure be nice).

Axel

*Axel Grude*
Software Developer
Keys, SmartTemplate4)