Change of release and governance model for Thunderbird

Hubertus Hilgers Hubertus.Hilgers at gmx.de
Tue Jul 10 19:09:59 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm of the opion, that Thunderbird indeed needs to get new functions
implemented. For example a comfortable Maildir-Support, and as mentioned
by many others too, an update of the directory.

I did some brainstorming concerning issues, which could be improved in
addition to Maildir and directory: for excample the support of a
Metro-Version also for the future, writing messages should be possible
in one tab, combining the two search-borders, implementing an
attachement-browser, URL-preview, profil-recovery for damaged profiles,
centralizing of all options and features including a search function for
options, home tab.... these are all issues not only coming out of my own
brain, but which could also be found on some pages in Mozilla Wiki for
excample. If the developement of Thunderbird will be performed by
external contributors, of course some of the improvals might be
implemented by them in future, but regarding the Metro-developement, I
want to point out, that in my opinion it's very important, that this
development should remain in the hand of Mozilla itself.

Regards

Hubertus

--
Nota bene: