Regarding your plans to reduce efforts for Thunderbird

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Tue Jul 10 17:53:11 UTC 2012

On 7/10/2012 10:38 AM, Maurice wrote:
>   I was hoping Thunderbird would be aiming for better performance and
>   behaviour for its present function, rather than jazzy frills and
>   'improvements' that result in a retrograde state, as has happened
>   with KMail.
I would say that the planned changes to Thunderbird are aimed directly
at people like you. That is, what the Thunderbird team is seeing is that
many, many of their users would much prefer a stable email client
instead of one that is constantly changing. So instead of trying to
satisfy those in favor of constant innovation, they are going to try to
satisfy those who are not interested in "jazzy frills and
'improvements'" while still being open to innovation driven by the
community.

It's a pity that so much of the reporting is interpreting this as
"Thunderbird is dead!" rather than "Thunderbird is finally stable!".

rkent