Change of release and governance model for Thunderbird

Philipp Kewisch mozilla at kewis.ch
Tue Jul 10 13:35:12 UTC 2012

On 7/10/12 2:54 PM, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> On 7/10/2012 7:31 AM, Gervase Markham wrote:
>> On 09/07/12 21:09, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
>>> It also struck me that I forgot to mention that having a
>>> Thunderbird<->Gaia email sync ought to be a major goal.
>> Surely that's what IMAP is for? :-)
>>
> IMAP doesn't share everything. As Ludo mentioned, it doesn't
> synchronize contacts; there is also the issue of certain types of
> message annotations not being totally shared (labels, junk status,
> etc.) or basic settings either.

This is surely not the right topic to discuss this in, but what are you
proposing to do? I hope not to create a separate sync mechanism from
scratch? For contacts there is CardDAV, for calendar there is CalDAV. I
guess Firefox Sync could be used to share some annotations, but aren't
most annotations done using imap flags and new message headers?