Strategy

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Tue Jul 10 02:01:19 UTC 2012

Ben Bucksch schrieb:
> That said, I don't think Thunderbird fits there at all. LibreOffice is a
> completely different beast technically and would never make "the
> like-Outlook component of the LibreOffice suite".

Well, if it would be about huge packages of software that contain some
ancient and hard-to-maintain-and-develop code, it would be a great fit.

That said, I think that there's no need to even think in that direction,
as Mozilla seems to stay open to supporting community-driven innovation
in new releases. The main thing is to get community people to actually
work on it, the organizational stuff seems to be no hindrance at Mozilla
at this time, so also no need to think about alternatives.

Robert Kaiser