Change of release and governance model for Thunderbird

Joshua Cranmer pidgeot18 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:09:15 UTC 2012

On 7/9/2012 1:21 PM, Andrew Sutherland wrote:
> On 07/09/2012 10:07 AM, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
>> I also think it would be useful to have some sort of liaison with the
>> people working on the Gaia email app to explore future possibilities
>> of sharing code.
>
> Were you thinking of any mechanism in particular?
>
> I (:asuth) am working on the Gaia e-mail app.  So is Jim Porter
> (:squib).  We're both on this list and frequently on #maildev.  I will
> encourage any other contributors that show up to make sure they are on
> tb-planning too.  (There is a dev-gaia list, but it's very high
> traffic and almost entirely not about the e-mail app or the problem
> domain.)

I was more thinking of some clear two-way communication so that
contributors on either product are well aware about potential to avoid
code duplication, etc. In particular, I might think that there be some
form of "gaia email update" on the TB status meetings and v.v. just so
people are well aware.

It also struck me that I forgot to mention that having a
Thunderbird<->Gaia email sync ought to be a major goal.

--
Joshua Cranmer
News submodule owner