Strategy

Alan Lord (Gmail) alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:30:52 UTC 2012

On 09/07/12 11:22, Tanstaafl wrote:

> Hmmm... I just had a thought...
>
> I can't tell you how many times I've seen question on  the OpenOffice
> (now LibreOffice) lists asking about an Outlook 'component' - maybe now
> is the time to start discussions with them about some kind of
> collaboration under the Document Foundation umbrella? At best,
> Thunderbird gets a bit more exposure - at worst, Thunderbird has a home
> ready and waiting (and a fighting chance at survival) should Ben's
> Conspiracy Theory turn out to be fact.

That sounds like a great idea to at least have a discussion with Charles
or Florian at TDF to try and give TB users a little protection...

I don't pretend to understand the ins and outs of maintaining TB going
forward but in a way I do agree that TB probably doesn't need new
features; it has a very capable extension API already...

I'd be quite happy if TB just had the long-standing/annoying bugs fixed
and Lighting was finally integrated. Then put it could be put into
"support-mode" for critical bugs/security issues etc.

Al