Gecko versions for future Thunderbird releases

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Mon Jul 9 15:33:48 UTC 2012

Ludovic Hirlimann schrieb:
> I don't see the point in keeping comm-aurora, from a release point of
> view its scatters our users, and from a testing's perspective I don't
> think it would bring much

It's the main point of reference for localizers. For Firefox, it's also
an important phase for stability fixes and getting new features vetted
before they go to the RC-quality beta with a quite significant audience,
but Thunderbird stability tracking is spotty at best, and new features
seem to not matter in its future anyhow. Still, for L10n, the Aurora
phase is the "now we work on it" one. Beta users should not get
unlocalized versions if possible.

Robert Kaiser