Strategy

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Mon Jul 9 15:21:54 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-09 7:54 AM, Axel <axel.grude at googlemail.com> wrote:
> my latest mobile broadband supplier (meteor.ie a daughter of eircom) has
> discontinued and in fact shut down any and all mail servers (they do not
> supply mail addresses anymore) - I believe they reckon mail is dead,

<snip>

> It might be an exception but as it is a real cost saver for ISPs

I think that is the main point... it isn't that they think that email is
dead, it just isn't cost effective for them to provide email service
when most users won't even use it anyway (since they already have a
freemail email address that they don't have to every worry about
changing if they move or change ISPs)...