Fwd: Re: Change of release and governance model for Thunderbird

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Sun Jul 8 08:19:25 PDT 2012

On 08/07/2012 09:10, Unicorn.Consulting wrote:
> From: 	Vincent <el.cameleon.1 at gmail.com>
>

> In fact, I have some very concrete questions when I think to it a
> little bit:
>
>  1. Will we see Mike complete the new address book?
>  2. Will there finally be a switch to mdir instead of mbox? I don't
>     imagine that the community would be able to do such a switch...

I think the other thread will start to answer these, but I can't say for
certain. I know David still wants to be able to finish the switch to
maildir.

>  1. Contribution by Summer of code's students are really great. As I
>     don't think that "the community" will be able to manage students,
>     will there be project driven by Mozilla about Thunderbird in 2013?

We've had one GSoC student this year that has been managed by a
community member. I think its possible that there could be more
community management next year. Note that in past years (I'm not sure
about this year), SeaMonkey has also had members manage projects in GSoC.

>  1. What about SUMO? Is it still planned to merged it with Firefox
>     support's articles?

That's an ongoing discussion, but we'll try and post more details soon.

Mark.