Modifying the contents of a message

Irving Reid irving at mozilla.com
Fri Jan 27 18:29:36 UTC 2012

Any modifications you make to a message in your (received) copy would
cause the sender's signature to no longer match, so it will be obvious
that the receiver's copy isn't what the sender signed.

While I haven't looked into Outlook's signing, there's no way for it to
permanently alter a message and keep the existing signature. They may be
doing something like "person A signed the original content of the
message, and person B altered the message and signed the altered
version" but there's no way to make it appear that person A signed the
altered version unless you have person A's private key.

  - irving -