Modifying the contents of a message

Axel axel.grude at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 26 15:36:56 UTC 2012

Hi Johnathan,

I am not too sure about modification of the message body (doesn't purge attachments do
something similar?), but I would certainly be interested in a scriptable interface
that would make it easy to manipulate any header fields. E.g. there is one problem
with smtp servers modifying from addresses or "decorating"subject lines "[might be
spam]" which are big annoyances and IMO a perfect use case for extensions to deal with.

Also, is there any way to go through gloda and flow back changes from there into the
messages? ( I don't know if this is practical from the implementation POV, I just
thought I throw the idea out there)

thanks,
     Axel