Modifying the contents of a message

Jonathan Protzenko jonathan.protzenko at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:12:58 UTC 2012

> Also, is there any way to go through gloda and flow back changes from
> there into the messages? ( I don't know if this is practical from the
> implementation POV, I just thought I throw the idea out there)
No, the way detaching attachments works is we're deleting the old
message, and injecting a new one into the folder. Gloda is notified
about both events, and acts accordingly (deletes its entry for the old
message, indexes the new one).

But that's a good point, I'm hoping maybe we could reuse that
mechanism, and write a JS layer that would take care of modifying a
specific header, for instance, before re-injecting the message... (and
we would provide that function to extension authors, and document it on
MDN, of course).

jonathan (only one h :))