Modern Address Book proposal update

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Feb 17 16:44:50 UTC 2012

On 17/02/12 16:41, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> FYI - there's talk going on over at the imap5 mailing list about
> replacing IMAP, and there's been discussion of including address
> book, calendaring and submission in the protocol as well, on the
> grounds that the only reasonable way to get interest in a new
> protocol is providing a much better integrated experience.

Providing a decent delete model would lead to great interest in a new
protocol! :-)

Seriously, if you are thinking of replacing IMAP, I'm sure people like
bienvenu who have had decades of experience implementing it can tell you
all the things they'd like fixed :-)

Remote address book might have value, but there are already remote
calendaring protocols, aren't there?

Gerv